Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ian Huntley's suing the prison system. I'll leave the cries of outrage to others - I mean, I'd rather the state wasn't in danger of having to pay thousands to the murderer of two young girls, but I suppose justice has to be fair to everyone. Even the monsters.

But the fact that he wants to get £20,000 bothers me, if only because I cannot for the life of me figure out what he wants the money for. I mean, he's in prison. He's going to be in prison until the day he dies, most likely. Just what is planning to spend the money on? It's not like he can go on a weekend break to Paris, is it?

Perhaps he just needs something to amuse himself; a distraction to take his mind off his circumstances. I dare say life in a maximum security prison where the other inmates seem determined to hurt you in unpleasant ways isn't that much fun. But then again, it's not supposed to be fun, is it?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:15 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

I say; let him have his day in court. Award him with with the money. Then remind him that if he hadn't killed two innocent girls, he wouldn't be in the mess he has put HIMSELF in. Then take 'his' money and remind him that someone has to pay his board and lodging. If he doesn't like it, I have some rope and the will to use it.

 
At 4:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At Commons question time it emerged he could be awarded **up to** £20,000 if a claim for negligence is successful."

I don't want to sound like an apologist for the cunt, but is he actually demanding a figure of £20K or is it just hype?

And while he is responsible for the situation he's in, the prison service has a duty to keep him safe, and this is the second time they've failed to do so. So i believe he has the right to complain - he doesn't deserve to live in constant fear for his life - WE'RE supposed to be civilised. Otherwise we might as well just throw him to the mob and let nature take its course.

 
At 5:02 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Anonymous,

I know what you're saying - that's what I was alluding to when I said the justice system has to be fair to everyone, including the monsters. The prison system is supposed to be keeping him safe, and they're not doing a great job.

I still do wonder what he plans to do £20,000 though - if that is what he's seeking.

TNL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home