Friday, June 11, 2010

The World Cup

It is my understanding that the World Cup is starting/has started/is about to to start in South Africa. So I'd like to take this opportunity to assure all of my readers that I could not give a crap about the World Cup, and consequently am not going to comment on it in any other way than in this post.

Seriously, I don't care about it at all. I won't be watching any of the matches - not even if England make it into the final. And I'm going to avoid the merciless hype around the matches - which is no mean feat, given the saturation advertising around this pointless spectacle.

Don't get me wrong, if you like football, that's fine. In fact, you're probably going to have a cracking few weeks. It's just that I've got better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of preening, over-paid wankers prancing about on a field for 90 minutes. Life is too short for many things - the World Cup being one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:05 pm , Blogger cartermagna said...

I wish I hated football, I honestly do, but I don't. I hate the hype generated by the tabloids and I'm fucked if that sinister Ladbrookes advert, with that twat Ian "Wrighty" Wright, doesn't have more than a little Clockwork Orange about it.

I'll try to be all aloof but I'm sorry to say that when the whistle blows for kick-off, I shall have my Ing-Ger-Land blinkers on.

I'll understand if you don't want me back here ;o)

 
At 6:29 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

I have never seen the point of paying obscene amounts of cash to cretins that have in real terms, no use at all, tax the useless bastards back to the national minimum wage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home