Saturday, June 05, 2010

Last of Last of the Summer Wine

Apparently, Last of the Summer Wine is ending. Allow me to take this opportunity to express my incredulity that is is still going.

They'll be some who lament the loss of this programme, no doubt claiming that it is part of our national heritage. They are, of course, wrong. This programme run out of plot ideas at about the time Edward Heath ceased to be Prime Minister. Besides, even if you are going to miss this series, at least you'll have something to remember it by - 37 years worth of episodes that all seem to end with three old men racing down a hill in a bathtub.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:10 pm , Blogger Jayce Kay said...

"They'll be some who lament the loss of this programme, no doubt claiming that it is part of our national heritage."

Probably still watching in black and white!

 
At 5:08 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the program because it made me laugh....and it was not vulgar...a lot of people could relate to the subject matter...I will miss it....but I have collected most of the dvd's that PlayBack had for sale over the years. So now I can watch them at my leisure. It should be noted that all the actors were excellent, and Roy Clarke is one of the best scriptwriters I have ever come across...I shall really miss this series.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home