Monday, April 26, 2010

Labour's Election Communication

Ooooo, looky, "Election Communication" just popped through my letter box. From the Labour candidate - some idiot who goes by the name of Chris Leslie. I know very little about Chris - despite having just read his leaflet - other than the fact that he has a wife and a kid. And that he is backed by Sarah Brown. No, really, there is an endorsement from Mrs Brown. Next to a picture of the Prime Minister's wife looking faintly surprised and upset by the camera thrust in her face, the endorsement reads:
Chris Leslie will be a great champion for Nottingham. He will work hard for our city and for our country.
Which would be great if I had an iota of respect for the startled looking woman in the photo. Unfortunately, her bland, platitudinous endorsement of Leslie is criminally undermined by the fact that Sarah Brown is a terrible judge of character. If you want proof, just look at the terrible cunt that she married.

But Chris Leslie wants to know what I think. Well, sort of. Because he's asked for some thoughts on the back of his worthless leaflet. Under the heading I want to hear from you he wants people to tick the option that applies to them. The options are:
I'd like to talk to Chris Leslie. Please contact me.

Yes, I'll be voting Labour. Count me in!

Yes, I'd like a poster.

I would like a lift to the polling station on election day.

I'd like to get involved in Chris' local campaign.
Unfortunately, the most relevant option for me - that I would rather immolate myself than vote Labour and also wish that Chris Leslie's future, at best, contains a particularly virulent urinary infection - sadly isn't mentioned on his leaflet. But such is life. I guess it just means that I don't get to return his crappy form to his campaign HQ. Which appears to be in the UNISON building....

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:52 pm , Blogger Zaphod Camden said...

Yes, you *do* get to return his form.

Simply pop it in an envelope and write the aforementioned address on it, then mail it without a stamp and with no return address.

The Royal Mail will then charge 'em second class postage plus a £1 administration fee.

I do stuff like this all the time. I don't even spend money on the envelopes, just wait for another piece of junk mail and reuse the one it came in...

 
At 10:10 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

That is genius! I really wished I hadn't torn the pamphlet into little pieces now.

TNL

 
At 11:22 pm , Blogger John Demetriou said...

LOL

Great piece, well said.

 
At 11:13 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please put leaflets on www.thestraightchoice.org They need to be preserved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home