Monday, March 01, 2010

Facebook Groups

To all those on Facebook who are friends with the Nameless Libertarian and who send invites to join groups about UKIP and support UKIP candidates - I'm not interested. I'm really not. I'm not a member of UKIP, I don't support UKIP and I am never, ever going to vote for UKIP. So it really is pointless to send the invites to me*.

A similar message to our American cousins - I'm not a US citizen, so enlisting my help with the latest campaign to get some crackpot elected president or a bellicose Republican into Congress is going to be ignored. It is also worth stressing that the Republicans are not (especially in their current incarnation) a libertarian party - any more than the Tory party in this country is libertarian. So calling from support from a libertarian for the Republicans will, on almost every occasion, be completely pointless.

*Of course, people might be signing up to a cause and then inviting all of their friends. Although that doesn't change the fact that most of the pointless invites I get are from UKIP supporters rather than, say, Tories...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:15 am , Blogger Longrider said...

I've never bothered with Facebook or Linkedin. Never felt the need. There came a point where I tired of receiving invites, so responded to the block option and it doesn't bother me any more. Surely there's a facility within the system to do something similar?

 
At 10:47 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

There is a way to block users with Facebook, but I haven't figured out how to block particular types of messages or invites. Possibly there is a way - I am technologically illiterate. Mercifully, though, most of the notifications from Facebook that head into my e-mail account end up in the spam folder anyway. Which, increasingly, is the best place for them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home