Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Red Dwarf to Return!

Geek that I am, this news has me stupidly excited:

Cult comedy Red Dwarf is returning to TV, 21 years after its initial launch.
As always, there is that sense of anticipation mixed with a healthy dose of wariness - after all, it could be good, or it could be completely fucking shite. But I'll keep my fingers crossed, and hope for the best. After all, Red Dwarf at its best is outstanding. If you haven't seen them, then I'd heartily recommend picking up the second and sixth season on DVD asap. But even at its nadir - see Series 7 for details - it still managed to be mildly amusing. Even hitting the mid-point between the two extremes (like, say, Series 4) is a damn sight better than a lot of the pap that passes for comedy on television these days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home