Sunday, May 06, 2007

Jumping Before Being Pushed?

So, Dr John Reid, the pugnacious prick who has been running the Home Office into the ground, is going to stand down with Blair. It almost goes without saying that my first thoughts on reading this are "good riddance."

But his reason is typical Nu Labour self-serving bullshit:

"In my view it is better for the Labour Party, the leadership and the new prime minister that he be given the maximum flexibility."

Well, as the incoming Prime Minister, Brown will have "maximum flexibility". He could get of anyone he wants. And given his generally misanthropic and sukly demeanour, I am guessing that is exactly what he will do.

"He (Brown) has made plain to me there's a place in his government for me but he understands and he accepts my decision on this."

Yes, but what position, John? You have failed in the running the Home Office. You have been regarded as one of those most likely to challenge Brown. He has both the explanation and the motivation to humiliate you in his first Cabinet line-up. I am sure that there would be a place for you in a Brown government, Reid, but I am not sure what you would make of being Deputy Assistant Sub Secretary to the Minister of the Environment with Special Responsibility for Hedgerows or something equally demeaning.

Brown would sack or demote Reid without a thought - and if Reid really believes he is doing anything other than jumping before being pushed, then he is as stupid as he looks.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home