Monday, March 05, 2007

Neon Bible

Today is quite an exciting day, at least in my world - although I did not realise it until I wandered into HMV on my lunch break. For today The Arcade Fire release their new album.

I've not heard any of the tracks as yet, and for all I know it could be utter rubbish. My enthusiasm is based mainly on their previous effort - Funeral.


Whilst it was released in 2005 I only got around to buying a copy of it in summer last year, and pretty much fell in love with it straight away. Don't worry, I am not going to bang on about the whys and the hows but if you like eclectic indie rock (stuff like Eels, for example) then the chances are that you will love Funeral.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:48 am , Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

I actually downloaded Funeral the day before you put this post up. It is, indeed, pretty damn superb: Neighbourhood 3 is my current earworm.

I think I'll have to get Neon Bible...

DK

 
At 11:38 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Rebellion (Lies) remains my favourite - and actually one of my favourite songs of all time.

I downloaded Neon Bible onto my MP-3 player the other day - just starting to get into it but first thoughts are that it is another good album.

 
At 3:19 pm , Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

Excellent. Well, I'm going into town this afternoon, so I might pick it up on the way...

DK

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home