Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Soooo..... regular readers of this blog will have noted a certain inactivity of late. When posting has happened, it has been sporadic at best. And there's going to be no apology for that, merely an excuse - that when you are working two jobs as well as two a full-time PhD, something has to give. And that something is blogging.

Part of me wants to call time on this blogging enterprise, because there is a lack of inspiration combined with a bloated workload. But I do have ideas for posts, even if there is no time to do them justice. And the last time I "gave up" blogging, it lasted for just a few weeks (during which I spent a lot of time writing at DK's place). So an involuntary sabbatical is in place. Said sabbatical may end in early December, maybe not.

But ttfn.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:53 pm , Blogger Katabasis said...

I hope you come back mate - I enjoy your posts.

FWIW I am in an identical situation. One of my solutions was to start increasingly bringing my PhD work into my blogging (see latest post).

Its weird - we all seem to feel under pressure to blog continually when really there's no need. I often go for weeks without a post when other things call and then suddenly rush out several when I have inspiration.

And for all those 'I MUST write on this later' moments - there's always the draft facility to save those precious moments for later!

 
At 10:43 pm , Blogger James Higham said...

Let me second that. You're needed.

 
At 7:15 pm , Blogger thespecialone said...

I enjoy reading your posts too. However, I can understand how you feel. I work full-time shifts and have very little time or inclination to do much else; other than having a bottle of red or 2 now and again.
Take a break and post when you feel like it.

 
At 11:36 pm , Blogger Devil's Kitchen said...

And you're welcome back at my place anytime you like...

DK

 
At 12:54 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Thanks all.

Katabasis - I know what you mean about linking the PhD work with the blogging. The problem I have with that is twofold. First of all, when I start writing about political philosophy I tend to get carried away. For example, I've been thinking about a post on pluralism, relativism and reality it rapidly blossoms from being a couple of paragraphs to a deep and involved thing that is massively time-consuming. Which leads nicely to the second point - there have been a number of times recently where I have sat down to write stuff for the thesis, and have ended up writing instead for here. And while it is easier to blog that write a thesis, the latter does need to be prioritised.

DK - thanks for that - I may very well be taking up on that offer in the not too distant future.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home