Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself...

...and believe me, given the number of posts I've written about Laurie Penny, I've tried. But here is Bella Gerens dismissing Penny in a withering, yet wonderfully concise, way:

She is travelling an extremely well-trodden road bearing the placard of thoroughly-explored philosophies. And the destination, reached so many times before, has benefitted no one except the travellers themselves.
Awesome stuff. You really should read the whole thing.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:47 pm , Blogger Trooper Thompson said...

I loved that line as well - a great closing.

 
At 10:54 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Definitely - the sort of writing that makes me feel faintly envious.

 
At 8:12 pm , Blogger TheBoilingFrog said...

Wonderful - and Miss (Ms) Penny deserves every 'constructive criticism' going.

 
At 8:29 pm , Blogger asquith said...

I liked this:

http://heresycorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/laurelia-or-two-nations-penny-dreadful.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home