Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apparently the Pope's not a sell-out:
Thousands of tickets remain unsold for events during the visit of the Pope, who arrives in Scotland on Thursday.
Now this gives me some faith - in people if nothing else. I can't help but feel that it is a positive thing that people aren't flocking to see a privileged man in a dress who was once a member of the Hitler Youth and has done much to hide child rapists from justice. Not that I'm biased against the Panzer Pope or anything...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:58 pm , Anonymous Senior said...

I think his protection of paedophile priests has put people off seeing the pope. It's a shame it hasn't put everybody off though.

 
At 4:00 pm , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

For some, the Pope remains infallible. Which requires a substantial disconnection from reality, as far as I can see.

 
At 4:47 pm , Blogger TonyF said...

Any one that thinks (actually an oxymoron) that any religion is a good idea already has a substantial disconnection from reality!

 
At 8:50 pm , Blogger Obnoxio The Clown said...

"Now this gives me some faith"

Ironic puns FTW!

 
At 11:43 am , Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Obo,

Quite. What gives me faith is people not having faith in a man of faith. (I've also got to stop thinking like Derrida!)

TNL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home