Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Taking Things Too Far - TROCK

Regular readers will know that I am a patient man.* They will also know that I am a bit of a geek when it comes to all things Doctor Who related. Within the psyche of your humble author, Doctor Who is a good thing. But like all good things, it can be taken too far. And I would argue that the fans who have created a genre of music around the show - TROCK, apparently - have taken it further than it was ever meant to go. 

Actually, to call it a genre of music is pushing it. Generally speaking, it seems to be primitive guff played by spotty teenagers who have just about worked out how to play a pedestrian song in between wondering why the girls don't like them. They take an episode, rip the basic story line and then stick it to music that Coldplay wouldn't touch because it is too wet even for them. The worst example I found in my brief search on YouTube was "We Will TROCK You" - the chorus to that song made me pray to the God I don't believe in to send down his mighty bolts of fire and cleanse this earth once and for all.

I'm not going to link to any TROCK online - frankly, these people have had more than enough hits. It is there if you want to find it. Christ alone knows why, given the review in this post, you would want to go looking for it...

*Sort of. About some things. No, really I am...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home