Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cyclists - Bastards?

Via DK, I’ve read an interesting post about cyclists. Which struck me as just great timing, as I was nearly run over by a cyclist walking into work today. The cyclist was, inevitably, cycling on the pavement. And gave me a mouthful of abuse for being in her way. And, inevitably, I gave her a mouthful of abuse back… The phrase I used rhymed with "you bucking punt."

I’d like to say that cyclists are a bunch of cunts, that they are all the same, and they are the ruddy scourge of the road. The truth is that they aren’t. Some of them are wankers, some of them are perfectly polite. The same is true of motorists, the same is true of pedestrians. There is no need for further rules about cycling in this country – all we really need to is enforce the rules we have (as is so often the case in this country!) But ultimately the problem isn’t cyclists being wankers. It is people being wankers. And no matter what you do, you are always going to have some people who want to behave like wankers.

Although these post do remind me of one my favourite entries at the Moai’s old blog… go have a read.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home