Sunday, December 03, 2006

Leaving the Tories

Well, my last political post seems to have provoked some comments and some debate. Which was not really my intention – if I did have a deeply unrealistic hope then it was my post would lead to the resignation and suicide of Cameron. As far as I am aware, Cameron is alive and well so I reckon we can file that particular post under “insane ranting that probably indicates a need for some therapy and/or anger management classes.”

I stand by my fundamental assertion though. There is no point in winning power if you are going to sell out on everything you believe in. Just as Tony Blair sold out on every principle of the Labour Party in order to win, so David “hug a fucking husky” Cameron has sold out on every principle of the Tory Party, like a gypsy flogging stolen DVDs at a car boot sale. That is why I am leaving the party.

Over at the Devil’s Kitchen one comment criticises people like me who have left the party:

“Yeah great stuff guys... let's split the right-wing vote, let these Labour cocks in again, miss our best chance in years to have a eurosceptic government.”

Now that sort of thinking is what kept me in the party for the past six months, a fear that if people abandon the party because Cameron is a complete and total cunting publicity whore then the Labour fucktards who have run this country into the ground for the past ten years will another term. But if Cameron is just the same as Blair and the other cadre of cockmunchers in power at the moment, then what is the point in voting for him? And right-wing? Euro-sceptic? Must be getting confused, because neither term defines Cameron for me. A Cameron government would be the equivalent of another Heath government – and let us not forget that Heath was a spineless shithead who took us into Europe in the first place and managed, through his general incompetence, to give us a second, even less glorious, Wilson administration. Worst case scenario for the country at the moment? Cameron wins power, fucks it up and makes a Blairite seem like a good idea again in 2012. And suddenly David twatting Miliband is Prime Minister.

I feel – now as ever – that I need to be part of the political process in this country, even on a very minor level (as canvassing in Wimbledon for the Tories undeniably was). So I need to decide what I do next – either wait around for the fall of Cameron and rejoin the Tories or find another party. And as the Devil’s Kitchen constantly points out, you can join UKIP online.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:20 pm , Blogger Mr Eugenides said...

Your rebranding will make it into the weekly roundup of sweary goodness, as and when I can actually finish it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home